How to Register
All standard course registrations are conducted via Self-Service, Moore’s online registration portal. If you haven’t used the system before, please read through the following steps below to ensure a successful and complete registration process.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? CREDIT VS NONCREDIT
- Students registering for the credit section of any course receive homework, grades, and report cards. Upon successful completion of any course, credit students have access to an official transcript with 2 transferrable college credits. After completing 8 total courses, students taking courses for credit are eligible to graduate from Moore with an official Certificate signed by the President of the College.
- Students registering for the noncredit section of any course do not receive the academic items or official documentation listed above. Noncredit courses may not be applied toward an official Certificate and cannot retroactively be changed to the credit section of a course.
PREPARE TO REGISTER ONLINE
- Check available courses for Summer 2021 here!
- Take a moment to review your desired course description(s), noting any prerequisites, and visit our tech requirements page. Select the link for the credit OR noncredit option for the course of your choice.
- Please have your preferred credit card readily available. Self-Service accepts all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover & AmEx
BEFORE USING SELF-SERVICE
- What is Self-Service? Self-Service is Moore's online course payment platform.
- Ensure you have a few minutes to complete all the steps at once, without your computer going idle. The system can time out and make registration difficult or incomplete.
- Before proceeding to Self-Service, disable all pop-up blockers and allow cookies.
The site’s payment window appears as a ‘pop-up’ and requires ‘cookies’ to properly function. Failing to do so could result in an unsuccessful registration.
USING SELF SERVICE MANUALLY
- Connect to Self-Service
- Enter the course code of the course you intend to register for and click Search
- You should see the course listed, click ADD to place the course in your cart
- A pop-up window will appear with the option to VIEW CART or PROCEED TO REGISTRATION – select PROCEED TO REGISTRATION
If this is your first time registering through the online portal, please follow the prompts to create a New User account.
If you have used the Self-Service portal before, log-in with your Username & Password.
If you have forgotten your username and/or password, follow the steps above for New Users. Email email@example.com after completing your registration; we will merge your records.
- A pop-up window for the payment portal will appear
- Enter credit card details and billing information
- Upon completion, an auto-reply email will be sent to the student's email Inbox, confirming your successful registration
If you do not receive a confirmation email, your payment may not have successfully gone through. In this instance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to check on your registration status.