At a Glance
If you're in a hurry, here's what we most want you to know about Moore.
Looking for Some Fast Facts About Moore?
- 9 BFA Majors
- 11 BFA Minors
- 8:1 Student-to-Faculty Ratio
- 408 students enrolled in 2019–2020 (95% Undergraduate students, 4% Graduate students, 1% Post-Baccalaureate students)
- 100% of BFA students receive some kind of financial aid or support
- $1,000 paid internship for every BFA student in every major
- 94% of our BFA alumni are employed or in graduate school, just one year out from graduation*
- #22 in best colleges for design in America, according to Niche
- Top 10 for Visual Arts, according to College Magazine
- 6 free public exhibition spaces in The Galleries at Moore
- 3 Graduate Studies degree opportunities
- 9 4+1 Program opportunities (BFA+MA) for every undergraduate major
- 6 Adult Continuing Education certificate programs
- 2 Youth Education programs (and 100 years of Young Artists Workshop in 2021!)
- 172 years of leading the way in equity and inclusion
WHERE DO MOORE STUDENTS COME FROM?
- 50% from Pennsylvania
- 35% from the surrounding states of New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Ohio and West Virginia
- 14% from the rest of the United States
- 1% from international locations
UNIQUE PAID INTERNSHIP FELLOWSHIPS
- Required internships in every major with Student Teaching Requirement in Art Education
- $1,000 Internship Fellowship for every student completing the internship or student teaching requirement. Five Competitive Penny and Bob Fox Internship Fellowships awarded at $3,000 each.
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AID AND FELLOWSHIPS
- Extensive financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- Moore annually grants $3.5 million in scholarship aid to students who demonstrate artistic and academic excellence.
- Competitive leadership and travel fellowships
By the numbers
According to The Economist, Moore College of Art & Design ranks:
#1 in Pennsylvania
In overall performance for adding value among art and design colleges & universities
#3 in the Nation
In overall performance for adding value among art and design colleges and universities
Top 7% in added value
Among all higher education institutions nationwide (according to the economist)